Want to work with friendly people? Are you tired of a “job shop” versus precision and quality mindset? McFarlane Aviation Products needs someone who thrives on being a team player and enjoys a variety of projects. We are a well-established but dynamic company that adds new products and improves processes continually. We offer a great benefit package, competitive salary, and a casual working environment in a clean, climate-controlled shop with great people. We are located about ten minutes from Lawrence and 40 minutes from Kansas City on a grass strip airport, K64.
For information about the position, please see the job description: you can view it at www.mcfarlaneaviation.com/employment. To apply, send a resume or job application to email@example.com
Position Description: Production Technician
Department: Engine Controls, Customs, Powder Coating
General Description of position: Builds and assembles aircraft engine control cables (mixture, prop, throttle) and subassembly component parts from production specifications and drawings. Performs and completes all quality testing, inspections and paperwork requirements. The Controls Technician focuses on powder coat painting, fabricating and assembling aircraft parts that vary in complexity. The position also inspects parts, works with hand tools and works with light machinery to complete required tasks.
Hours: Monday through Friday, full-time position with flexible 1st shift hours.
Reports to: Control Department Supervisor
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for producing safe, quality products
- Detail oriented powder coat painting
- Ensure all areas of products are covered with powder coat paint
- Complete Job Orders according to the Quality Assurance Manual, Production Specifications and Drawings
- Assist with inventory and data control for the department
- Assist with research and development for new product assembly methods
- Performs other assembly and fabrication or process, as required
- Work as team to coordinate back orders, scheduling and prep work
- Keep work areas, tools and supplies clean and well organized
- Inspect for quality in all areas of the position
- Other duties, as assigned
- Willingness to take on new skills
- Consistently work to improve skills, abilities and processes.
- Self-discipline with high ethical standards to work with critical safety related products
- Manufacturing processes with knowledge and experience
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- Adaptability due to potential changes in departmental priority
- Identifying and implementing effective courses of action to meet deadlines that may require adjustments to assigned work schedules
- Knowledge of measuring equipment
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Experience with quality and safety
- Knowledge of math and technical reading
- Verbal and written communication and people skills
- Ability to work with a team and independently
In this position you must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Work easily and skillfully with your hands, dexterity of hand mobility is required.
Clean and climate controlled (air condition and heat).
Safe and casual work environment that no hearing protection is required due to low noise.
Safety glasses and hearing protection provided, for required areas.
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred but not required
Years of Experience
1-3 years preferred but not required
Additional skills that are helpful but not required:
- Experience working with the FAA
- Knowledge of general aviation aircraft and engine controls
- Computer skills
- Blue print/drawing reading
- Power Coat paint experience
- Quality experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, and protected veteran status, or disability status.